$64 per person
- Minimum age: 7 years, due to activity requirements
- Trip lasts 4 to 5 hours, including scenic backroad travel time from North Bend
- Hike is less than 1/2 mile round trip, much of it on a steep slope and uneven ground. This trip is not appropriate for people with balance problems.
- Access requires a high clearance vehicle; 4WD is not necessary.
Group prices: 15 people or less, $555 weekdays, $655 weekends. 16 to 20 people, $855 anytime. This is a small locality, we cannot accommodate more than 20 people on a trip.
- The digging area is in a paleo rockslide; it slid during the last glacial era, about 12,000 years ago. We own this mountainside; being good stewards of the old-growth forest on it includes limiting the digging tools used to those we provide. This is the only locality to which we do not take adult groups; you must have a child with you to book.
2020 dates TBA:
- July – Sept. Click Registration on our homepage to see open dates. If you click on a Full date, the page will take you to the next Open date.
Crystal Kid trips generally start in late May, depending on snowpack.